Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hello All,

This week has been fun and ...educational at Golden Curls Ranch. The fun part is being with all the horses. The educational part is learning how to make a round pen. I took Dr. Mitch up on his suggestion that we make a chute and round pen for the girls. My good friend Filliberto (Filly) Blanco who is from Idaho and I are making a round pen. We just finished the stalls in the barn and while our drill was still charged we decided to take on the new task.

I never knew why I had to take Math in school. Sitting in math class after lunch was worst than visiting the dentist (my apologies to Dr. Mitch who is a dentist). Still, I couldn't understand the need for all the shapes and numbers. (Maybe it's a Blonde thing) Now I wish I had paid attention especially during the geometry section. Good thing Filly is great in math..... especially
with circumferences...... We are getting close to put up the panels and will send photos soon.

Once the round pen is in place we can separate the girls and give them one on one attention. We have begun to connect with them and hope to continue to build upon our bond or respect.

Speaking of bond...our sweet Blossom eats hay and grass out of my hand. I spend a lot of time sitting in their pen just resting...good for both of us!

Our boys, Chester and Lakota are quite interested in all the going- ons with the girls and they speak to them often. Cinnamon River has his sweet donkey girls, Salsa and Sarita, to take care of but occasionally he passes by to say, hi.

The attached photo shows little Blossom's tattoo under her mane. It was given to the girls by BLM. It tells where and when they were captured.

We are having fun and learning new things everyday.

Hugs from the girls,

Angie, Golden Red and Nevada's Blossom