Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Golden Curls American Honey - Day 4

After yesterday's progress I was hoping for much more today. Well, I guess this is little be like the Texas Two Step. She seemed to ignore me much of the day. Again, I mentally begged her to eat as the sooner she gets the antibiotic in her system the better. Her right eye has been injured and is infected. I really feel the shipping fever is there and only a matter of time before we see more symptoms

A funny note, our sweet Carolina, who I brought back to the ranch from a family visit to North Carolina after my brother-in-law found her in a ditch on the side of the road is my right hand cowgirl. She was laying by the fence waiting for me while I sat with Honey. Honey walked over and smelled her then let out a big snort. It spooked Carolina but Honey remained calm. Love these Mustangs!

While not much progress was made today, I was intrigued when a Hummingbird flu up to me as I sat by the feeder. I am sure he smelled the sweet apples I have been asking Honey to eat. Still, I will take this as a good sign. Angie and Honey