Friday, July 10, 2009

Lucy and Ethel

Well, under the category of "you're never gonna believe what I found in my front yard".....last Tuesday morn the the wise men (Llamas) were staring down at the something in the front yard by the fence near the road. As I walked up closer; I thought, oh, it's just Guinness playing with the boys...then I realized it was two of the sweetest little pups I have ever seen. The girls were huddled together and obviously placed inside the fence so they would not be hit by the trucks - well in our neck of the woods the 4x4 Dualies.

So, dear Andrew and I decide they are Rhodesian Ridgebacks...Ethel the brown one for sure has the coloring of a Ridgeback and the black one - Lucy has the high ridge along her back and the personality to boot. They have been accepted by master Guinness and Miss Dixie Darlin' (OK yes we kept one of the sweet kittens that were left at Equest during Memorial Day) thinks they are great fun. She rolls and plays with them...they even eat at the same bowl of food with her. Guess eating kitten chow is no big deal when you gotta a lot of growing to...

Andrew told me the other night he might want to raise one. He better hurry 'cause these girls are gonna have great fun together at Golden Curls Ranch.