Monday, July 20, 2009


Hello All,

My darlin' sister, Diane and her wonderful hubby WC visited us at the Ranch a few weeks. We had a great time! My sister has the most energy of anyone I know and when she saw the rooster and the hens camping out in my patio she immediately decided we needed to put them in their own pad. (Don't think it had anything to do with the crazy rooster crowing at 4;42 am every morning. ) So she talked her hubby into helping me build a chicken coop.

First, we had to clear a spot of old T Posts that have been thrown in a pile since removing them and building new wooden railed fences. That was when my sister saw a copperhead up close and ...well, he was quickly added to the hawk's diet on the other side of the fence. Funny how family members share traits like my sweet sister and I. We both hop up and down like a new wave dance and scream to the top of lungs when we see a snake.

To Be continued....