Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blossom - A partner for life

Hello everyone,


I love reading about the ground work Betsy and Zoe are doing at Top of the Hill and I have learned so much from reading everyone's notes. I am hoping to incorporate the some of the suggestions in my working with Nevada Blossom and her mom, Golden Red. Here, are a few photos where I am working with Nevada's Blossom but the first obstacle is food.....she acts like she is always starving and insists on grazing ...so I try to get her attention....





Nevada Blossom is not only a beautiful girl but she has a wonderful calm personality. I have been watching the interaction between her and the other horses and she is not in the top of the leadership poll but she is tops with me. I love her softness and desire to please.











Blossom is a fast learner and a great student. Most importantly she is teaching me how to be more confident in my requests. I know she will respond positively if I ask the right questions. I can tell from her movement she is listening to me. I just hope I am hearing her correctly.





Nevada's Blossom is a sweetheart. I love working with her and she is teaching me so much. A few months ago, I was standing behind her and my cell phone rang....I didn't think twice...but I should have....it startled her and rightfully so ...it had only been a few weeks since she was in a BLM holding pen with her mom, Golden Red....well, she instinctively kicked ....and I limped ....for several weeks and we all the smarter for it....It is a lifetime of learning with horses and I am finding it cannot be hurried but instead appreciated for the small accomplishments we make and when we make a partner for life....well that is what it's all about...